Pioneering Academics > Graduate Programs
CNSE's cross-disciplinary Ph.D. and M.S. curricula integrate the fundamental principles of physics, chemistry, computer science, biology, mathematics, and engineering with the cross cutting fields of nanosciences, nanoengineering, nanotechnology, and nanoeconomics. A comprehensive portfolio of courses provides fundamental knowledge in the design, growth, and properties of nanomaterials (including metals, semiconductors, polymers, and chemical and biological materials). This includes the integration, processing, testing and qualification of these materials in integrated nanocircuitry, micro- and nanosystems and sensors, and integrated optics.
CNSE offers the following graduate programs leading to Masters of Science (M.S.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degrees:
- M.S. in Nanoscale Science
- Ph.D. in Nanoscale Science
- M.S. in Nanoscale Engineering*
- Ph.D. in Nanoscale Engineering*
CNSE offers the following graduate program leading to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) and Medical Doctor (M.D.) degree:
- M.D./Ph.D. in Medicine and Nanoscale Science or Engineering
CNSE offers two dual-degree "Nano+MBA" programs:
- M.S. in Nanoscale Science/Masters of Business Administration
- M.S. in Nanoscale Engineering/Masters of Business Administration
The M.S. and Ph.D. in Nanoscale Engineering do not lead to New York State licensure for practicing engineers in civil construction, surveying or the trades.
Click on the image to read the 2012 CNSE Faculty Research Report: