Careers > Career Details
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany.
Description of Duties:
|Position Title: ||
Senior Systems Engineer
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for the installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, and maintenance of the SiView Manufacturing Execution System (MES) and SiView related hardware and software. The system hardware includes IBM servers, blade centers, and blade switches. The SiView software includes SiView Application Manager, Web based Statistical Process Control (wSPC), and threaded Machine Supervisory Programs (tMSPs). The incumbent will act as the primary contact for the G450C engineering community for SiView hardware and data collection issues with SiView and for other SiView related issues that are reported to the IT helpdesk.
The Senior Systems Engineer will be available as a resource to other IT team members and to assist with the daily care and maintenance of Windows, Linux, and AIX servers and Cisco network devices including routers, switches, Adaptive Security Appliances (ASA), Access Control Servers (ACS) and Intrusion Prevention System Sensors (IPS). The incumbent will act as primary administrator for the Web Help Desk application and as back up to the SiView administrator, Windows administrator, RMS administrator, and the primary ASA administrator. Other reasonable duties as assigned by the Information Technology Manager or AVP of Technical Operations.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field from a college or university accredited by the US Dept. of Education or other internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- Two years’ experience installing, configuring, administering, troubleshooting, and maintaining Cisco devices including routers, switches, ASAs, ACSs, IPSs.
- Must have experience with SECS/GEM communication protocols and source code for equipment interface with a factory MES.
- Must be familiar with the semi-conductor manufacturing.
- Must have an understanding of distributed computing architectures.
- Must be experienced with Basic Shell scripting.
- Must be experienced with the daily care and maintenance of Windows servers.
- Candidates must address in their applications their abilities to work with culturally diverse populations.
Three years’ experience with installing, configuring, administering, troubleshooting, and maintaining of the SiView or MES related hardware including IBM servers, blade centers, and blade switches.
Three years’ experience with SiView including SiView Application Manager, Web based Statistical Process Control (wSPC), and threaded Machine Supervisory Programs (tMSPs) on Linux, and AIX servers.
This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a
background investigation; this position may be subject to annual
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding.
How To Apply
Back to Top
Persons interested in the above position should submit a
resume, three work-related references, and letter of application, along
with The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application to:
Search for Senior Systems Engineer
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
257 Fuller Rd.
Albany, NY 12203
Download The Research Foundation for SUNY employment application*
*Please note: the Research Foundation for SUNY application requires a
signature, thus in order to submit please complete the application,
print and sign it. You may either scan a copy and upload the scanned
document or fax a copy to 518-437-8846.
Posting No: NANO-R12-78
Budget Title: Programmer Analyst (project)
| Apply For This Job
| Back To List